The International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK) is a local non-profit organization that works in the area of sexual and reproductive health research and intervention programs. Our projects are in the thematic areas of HIV/AIDS, Family planning, RHMNCH and sexual and gender-based violence. Our staff include experts in public health, clinical services, research, project management and data. We seek to fill the following positions:
ICRHK is seeking Research Assistants (RAs) for an Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (ASRHR) project. The RA will be responsible for collecting ASRHR related data in Busia (4), Bungoma (4), Homabay (4), and Marsabit (6) Counties. The successful candidates should be highly motivated individuals with expertise and experience in collecting health-related data and should be residents of the said Counties.
This is a short-term contract for 3 months
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant health discipline including social sciences or equivalent
- Experience in the collection and analysis of qualitative data (focus group discussions, in-depth interviews, and key informant interviews)
Competencies and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of qualitative software such as Dedoose, NVIVO, or Atlas ti
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to interact with study participants in physical and virtual settings
- Familiarity with electronic data collection tools is an added advantage
- Ability to manage multiple activities and achieve set deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and writing skills that should include the ability to develop comprehensive notes and reports during qualitative data collection, and analysis
- Experience setting up and managing Zoom meetings
- Research assistants must be residents of the Counties of data collection (Homabay, Busia, Bungoma, and Marsabit)
- Comprehension of the local language is an added advantage
- Female research assistants are preferred
A full job description can be downloaded here: Research Assistant JD-PDF
Applicants must upload their application; cover letter, CV and specify County of Residence in it, salary expectations, three referees and their bio data form on the ICRHK job application portal accessible on our website CLICK HERE by 11th September 2023.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.
ICRHK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment.