POSITION : HEALTH FINANCING OFFICER – 1 POSITION
SITES : BUNGOMA COUNTY
JOB GROUP : RS 11
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief of Party, USAID Dumisha Afya, through Health Strengthening Systems Manager, the incumbent will among others be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical support to county health departments in sector planning and budgeting and ensure prioritization of strategic disease programmes including HIV in county resource allocation.
- Foster consultative discussions between the department of health and key county structures such as county assembly, county treasury and governorship on prioritizing health interventions during resource sharing.
- Represent the project on county level and intergovernmental policy forums and provide technical advisory on policy design and implementation pitfalls & successes.
- Support the focus counties to design and implement health financing strategic frameworks aligned to the national health policy framework and UHC goals.
- Provide technical assistance to county health department in designing and implementing public financial management laws and regulations.
- Support county health department to design and implement strategies to increase health sector revenues.
- Build strong partnerships with the government and other key stakeholder to ensure the project is in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the project.
- Collaborate with the project M&E lead to develop metrics for monitoring and measurement of health financing interventions against benchmarks and support the learning agenda.