Quick Guiding Steps
1. All first time users of the Online Recruitment and Selection system are required to register by providing ID / Passport Number, Surname, current Email address and a password to access the system.
2. To apply for any advertised job or internship opportunities, log into the system using the ID / Passport Number and the Password created in (1) above.
3. Applicant MUST ensure that information pertaining to personal details, professional and academic qualifications, experience, membership to professional bodies, referees and any other relevant information is provided before submitting the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Applicants are advised to print and keep a copy of the Feedback Report (application summary) by clicking on the Report tab or Application Summary link on the Application Menu.
5. The Online Recruitment and Selection system allows applicants to amend/revisit their application(s) at any time BEFORE the Advert Closure Date.
i) The online recruitment and selection system allows applicants to amend/revisit their application(s) at any time before the advert closure date.
ii) Section 100(4) of the Public Service Commission Act 2017 provides that a person who gives false or misleading information to the Commission is, on conviction, liable to a fine not exceeding Kshs. 200,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
Send an email to: [email protected]. Please include your ID /Passport Number and full name, or call the following numbers: Landline: +254 (020) 2223901, 254 20 2227471 Call Centre: 020 4865000
INTERNSHIP VACANCIES IN THE STATE DEPARTMENT FOR BASIC EDUCATION
The State Department for Basic Education is offering 1,000 internship opportunities in Cohort 3 of the Digital Literacy Programme (DLP). These internships, based at the Sub County Level schools, aim to provide practical skills and support for virtual learning and digital platforms.
To qualify for this internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated in 2019 or later.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education with a specialization in Information Communication Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, or possess a Diploma in ICT or ICT Integration in Education from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in networking, infrastructure, applications development, information security, and project management.
- Ability to integrate ICT into education, particularly in E-Learning and content development.
- Capability for research and innovation to support the DLP.
- Willingness to work full-time at any Sub County Education office within the country.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities include:
i. Supporting E-Learning and content development aligned with the curriculum.
ii. Providing assistance and training to Primary School teachers in using digital literacy devices.
iii. Contributing to the implementation of the Digital Learning Programme.
iv. Innovating solutions to enhance digital learning in schools.
v. Ensuring safe, secure, and ethical technology use in education.
vi. Integrating ICT into teaching, learning, and assessment.
vii. Assisting in developing school policies and procedures.
viii. Offering initial support and maintenance for ICT services in schools.
Duration: 12 months (Non-renewable)
Stipend: Interns will receive a stipend determined by the Government.
Certificate: Upon successful completion of the Internship Programme, interns will be awarded a certificate by the State Department.
To apply for this internship, follow the instructions provided on the official application portal.
Click here to Apply