To be responsible for training and equipping beneficiaries with Employability and Entrepreneurship skills through facilitation of job market-oriented employability skill training and business management trainings and to be responsible for sourcing of appropriate placements for Employability students.
Location –Kiambu / Nakuru / Vihiga / Kakamega / Nyeri / Kilifi / Eldoret / Kitale / Bungoma / Busia
Reports to – Sustainable Livelihoods Coordinator
Department: Sustainable Livelihoods
Monday – Monday-Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Mobilize and sensitize community members for Entrepreneurship training and employability training.
- Sensitize members on importance of entrepreneurship training and benefits of the training for their businesses.
- Train members on IGAs that are market oriented and youth in Employability.
- Train the requisite number of members on the comprehensive entrepreneurship module.
- Conduct business mentorship on members to achieve sustainability of businesses.
- Link members to Shofco Sacco for microloans to improve business.
- Track the progress of each mentee through personalized visits and surveys.
- Research the market on viable ideas for IGAs, learn and prepare for training.
- Mobilize and recruit members for IGA training.
- Ensure great collaboration with SUN to grow Livelihoods programs
- Network in and out of operating area and obtain job/intern/artisan opportunities for employability graduates.
- Conduct interview preparation and work ethics interactive activities.
- Assist trainees prepare good CVs and cover letters
- Conduct business assessment for SHOFCO beneficiaries
- Review the Employability, Entrepreneurship training modules and constantly improve on them.
- Develop supplementary material for Employability training
- Mobilize, sensitize and recruitment of refugees.
- Registration and placement of youth in vocational schools for training
- Follow up on the youth placed in vocational Skills Training Institutions.
- Diploma in any relevant field/ Discipline
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 2 years’ experience in economic empowerment or a related task
- Meeting timescales
- Examining information
- Articulating information
- Exploring possibilities
- Convincing people
- Directing people
- Producing output
- Thinking positively
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization, all interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed Cover letter and CV to [email protected] with a clear subject line Sustainable Livelihoods Facilitator – (Location you are applying for). Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us no later than 14th July 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.