Position: Quality Health & Safety, Environment Assistant
We are looking for a responsible Quality Health & Safety, Environment Assistant to facilitate compliance with (OSH) guidelines and all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of OSH policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update them according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OSH training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Conducts regular internal audits and closes on all non-conformities.
- Adheres to and updates departmental budgets regularly.
- Ensure documentation update of all operational practices and make necessary changes where necessary Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Liaising with relevant authorities to keep up to date and ensure compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Coordinates and conducts health and safety meetings and training courses for all employees.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all legal statutory requirements.
- Ensures accountability of all Fixed Assets in the company through audits to account for all equipment on a bi-weekly basis via physical spot-check audits.
- Advises the management on all risks prone to the organisation and mitigations measures
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- A minimum of 3 years of proven practical experience field in OSH
- Proven Computer skills
- Should demonstrate knowledge and ability in conducting OSH Audits.
How to apply
If you are interested please send your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating on the email subject the position you are applying for by 20th May 2023.
Please note due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.