TITLE: Fleet Officer TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain LOCATION: Waghimra Field Office based at Sekota
CONTRACT LENGTH: up to December 31, 2024
CONTRACT TYPE: National
The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work within the country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process for staff.
Ensuring proper safety, security and handling of SCI fleets to the best interest of the organization and manage SCI Ethiopia, Waghimra FO vehicle fleet in accordance to the operational needs and in compliance with the required standard procedures. The post holder will also be responsible for compiling all Waghimra FO SCI vehicles performance reports, preparation in line with SCI Fleet Management Manual and policy documents.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: S.r Supply Chain coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Drivers.
Role Dimensions: XXX
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Handle follow up/ track the regular preventive repair and maintenance of SCI owned vehicles with the selected garage/workshop and generator.
Ensure the efficient and timely repairs, maintenance and service of vehicles are carried out including yearly vehicle annual inspection renewals.
· Provide management with monthly reports on vehicle status & usage, repairs, fuel cost, servicing, abuse, speeding and dangerous driving.
· Responsible for fleet operation, tracking and reporting, ensuring efficiency of vehicle usage.
· Effective management of drivers to ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and assessing current organizational trends.
· Develop and implement best practice standards to maintain vehicles.
· Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacements to improve efficiency.
· Always maintain the pool of vehicle in order and deploy vehicles from the pool as per need basis.
· Managing of accidents and repairs of any mechanical and physical damages or defects.
Repair and Maintenance of Vehicles
- Handle miner maintenance works, dissembles, or assembles various vehicles and generator parts for repair, and replace parts as required.
- Checks, changes, and/or refills different lubricants for all the vehicles in a pool.
- Test s vehicles and ensures/ verifies the road worthiness of vehicles upon receiving vehicles from the garage/completes vehicles maintenance confirmation sheet and submits to the supply chain coordinator.
- Draft monthly maintenance plan for all SCI vehicles and ensure their implementation.
- Ensure that all vehicles have the appropriate and repair tools and equipment on board to enable users to perform miner maintenance and repairs in the field.
- Verify that vehicle daily checks are conducted and signal any actual or potential problems to the supply chain coordinator.
- Check/inspects the condition of all vehicles prepares maintenance and repair reports and submits to the supply chain Coordinator.
- Follow up, collect, and update vehicle maintenance and fuel related information on the tracking reports on time.
- Prepare and submit monthly fuel consumption, maintenance and repair reports and submit to the supply chain coordinator.
- With the Supply Chain Coordinator, design and implement orientation, testing, and training sessions for drivers and authorized users on road safety and security basic maintenance, and repair.
- S/he will be required to carry out inductions with staff on all aspects of fleet management including safety and security and personal responsibility.
- S/he may be required to represent Save the Children in fleet management related seminars or workshops.
- S/he may be required to provide technical support to implementing partners.
- As a member of the Supply Chain team, S/he will work collaboratively with the team members to ensure good coordination, communication and planning.
All staff have an obligation to ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding policy, the Code of Conduct and related policies. They must conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives- which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse. All staff must ensure the way they are carrying out their work is not putting children at risk (or further risk)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering or relevant field from a recognized tertiary institution is essential. A Diploma in Transport Management will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- Must have grade 3 driving license.
- Defensive Driving Certificate and clean Police record.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience
- At least three (3) years working experience in the management of Fleet operations in medium to large organization.
- Must have mechanical experience in repairing motor.
- Proficient in using GPS Tracking System.
- Good interpersonal and communication
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to deal with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within moderation of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Date of issue: November 18, 2023 Author : Mengesha Siyum
I, _____________________________________ certify that I have read and understood this job description and I pledge to respect it along with the SC’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, the Staff Regulations and the terms and conditions of the contract I signed.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description JOB DESCRIPTION
28 NOV 2023
8 DEC 2023 – 14:04 EAT