The main responsibility of the job holder will be to ensure and achieve quality, accurate, timely and be efficient & effective in reporting to management, regulatory bodies and the Bank’s financial partners. Provide guidance to business by interpreting financial reports, preparing budgets and forecasts and business performance and analytics in a manner to drive business growth.
Financial Reporting & Business Performance
- Manage the preparation and sharing of financial statements and management reports while maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy in the reports and adhering to set deadlines by statutory bodies like CBK.
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports to management and bank stakeholders in a timely manner while observing strict deadlines that have been set, providing analysis on financial performance of the bank i.e. trend analysis, variance analysis.
- Maintaining branch financial accounts to monitor financial performance of the branch or profit centre.
- Preparing financial forecasts and budgets by developing financial models to simulate various scenarios.
- Manage periodic closing process i.e. monthly, quarterly and yearly, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Tracking and analyzing business performance to improve on revenue for the Bank while reducing or maintaining costs by studying financial reports and business processes.
- Analyzing market trends and benchmarking against the industry.
- Aiding management in financial decision making.
- Authorization of financial transactions posted in the system.
- Review for proper documentation and approval of payments as per the finance policy and approval matrix.
- Ensuring that payments are processed as per the set SLAs.
- Ensuring all statutory deduction and taxes are remitted on time.
- Reviewing and approving payments for subsidiary.
Fixed Assets Management
- Ensuring that all the new assets are verified and capitalized.
- Periodic fixed asset verification and tagging.
- Ensuring that the bank’s assets are insured against potential risks.
- Preparation of the fixed asset movement schedule on a monthly basis.
- Review of Fixed assets schedule and ensuring that all the new assets are capitalized as per policy.
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations on bank investments e.g. placements with other banks, balances due to other banks, external borrowings, investment in treasury bills and bonds and accrual of interest.
- Supporting the audit process both internally and externally by providing all the required information within set timelines.
- Managing direct reports and staff matters e.g. training.
- Prepare performance contract and BSC for staff
- Manage staff leave as per agreed leave plan
KNOWLEDGE; SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- University degree in any business related field or equivalent
- CPA Finalist or equivalent
- Minimum seven years’ experience preferably in banking or financial institution
- Minimum three years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A working knowledge of bank’s operating systems controls and general banking.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Leadership skills to motivate and empower the team to reach organizational goals.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards.
- Performance Management skills to optimize employee productivity.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Planning & organizing skills to ensure proper management of objectives, tasks and responsibilities of the unit.
- Communication skills to ensure sound written and oral communication to both internal and external customers.
- Problem solving will generally follow precedent, but the incumbent is required to recommend changes and to challenge the status quo
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and CV to [email protected] quoting the position applied for on the e-mail subject on or before 16th July 2023 by 5:00pm.