Internal Audit Assistant
Job Type: PermanentJob Category: AuditClosing Date: May 25th, 2023Location: Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
The firm is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong analytical, research and good inter-personal skills to join the Department as an Internal Audit Assistant
- Participate in the formulation and preparation of annual audit scope and work plan.
- Prepare risk-based audit programs
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Prepare draft audit report for review and participate in exit meetings with audit clients.
- Perform post-audit follow-up to establish status of implementation of audit recommendation.
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Possess exemplary report writing skills
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Bachelors Degree, Second class,Upper Division in business related field
Minimum of B+ in KCSE
At least 1 or 2 years audit experience
Disciplined, assertive and able to work independently in a fast paced, competitive environment
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Have strong analytical skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in a demanding environment
Possess and Maintain high levels of integrity
Professional qualification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA,
Possess exemplary report writing skills
Covid-19 vaccination certificate