Media, Print and Publishing, Marketing and Advertising
Qualifications (Education, Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in specialized in Journalism, mass media and related fields
- Specialization in electronic media 0r broadcast journalism of media production
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at Grade 9 or at a similar position in a recognized academic institution.
- Diploma in Journalism, mass media and related fields
- Specialization in electronic media 0r broadcast journalism or media production
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a similar position in a recognized academic institution.
Key responsibilities also include
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication in the day-to-day activities in the journalism studios and laboratories.
- Setting up, testing and operating equipment to suit any audio-visual production.
- Guiding students in their practical undertakings.
- Providing technical support during outdoor recording.
- Operate equipment to mix, combine and edit audio-visual productions.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the internet in the studio and laboratory.
- Monitoring the quality of productions for students’ projects and for broadcast.
- Recording and directing productions during events.
- Explore new ICT tools for maximizing effectiveness of the studio activities.
- Servicing, maintaining, and repairing studio equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance of all studio equipment including networking.
- Regular supervision and maintenance of computer and related accessories.
- Maintaining studio inventory.
- Supervising students’ practical sessions.
- Participating in maintaining the general safety of the studio
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication.