Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Project Manager – MSF TIC Project on Methanol Poisoning
The MSF Transformation Investment Capacity (TIC) Project on Methanol Poisoning is an initiative instigated by MSF Hong Kong, aiming to identify new and sustainable partnerships to address methanol poisonings in high burden countries in the Southeast Asia region. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating the various activities as outlined in the concept note of the TIC project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement project activities for the TIC project on methanol poisoning.
- Conduct a contextual analysis and review of past MSF interventions on methanol poisoning in the region.
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping exercise for methanol poisoning in the region.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in the region on methanol poisoning with the aim of identifying and establishing potential partnerships.
- Develop and engage with a regional network on methanol poisoning.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external advisors for the projects including external technical experts on methanol poisoning.
- Conduct regular consultations with project’s advisory group throughout project cycle.
- Provide regular reports to the TIC secretariate and selection committee, project sponsor (MSF Hong Kong), project advisory group and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Maintain project administration, including managing the project budget and finance processes.
- Develop a project plan and proposal defining strategy and roadmap for a possible next phase/ longer-term project in line with the following pillars:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge on methanol poisoning
- Enhancing access to diagnostic tools
- Improving access to affordable antidotes and treatment
- Coordinate knowledge exchange, training, awareness raising sessions with external stakeholders.
- Organize an internal MSF workshop/webinar at the completion of the project.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or above in medicine or other paramedical studies / public health / health systems or similar.
- At least 2 years health-related professional experience, preferably in MSF and/or similar INGOs.
- Experience in project management roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of public health issues and health systems in the region.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent language skills in spoken and written English. Skills in a language from the region is an asset.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel in the region.
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF.
- Knowledge and experience working in health systems or public health settings in the region is a plus.
- Knowledge, competence or experience in emergency medicine/ methanol poisoning and/or toxicology is a plus.
- 6-8 month contract (with possibility of extension for a longer-term for Phase II of the MPi TIC project).
- Availability: ASAP.
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package as per contract term with a base salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.