The COSECSA postgraduate training program is a 5-year general surgery program at the Mater Misericordiae Hospital training site. An award of Fellowship in General Surgery FCS (ECSA) is awarded at the end of the training.
- Conducting emergency calls, clerk surgical patients, admitting and investigating them in consultation with the surgeons on call or senior residents in the hospital, for guidance and supervision
- Attending lectures, training seminars, conducting or participating in ward-rounds
- Rotating in different institutions/ stations, as determined by the training programme management to attain requisite skills
- Offering surgical care including participating in surgical out-patient or consultation clinics
- Participating in surgical operations, reviewing patients, and following them-up, under their seniors’ supervision and instructions
- Researching, CME seminars, teaching of junior staff like medical officers and interns and nurses to provide additional professional skills and management qualities
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives and give reports as required
Required Qualifications for the Position
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB ChB)
- Minimum 2 years post internship
- Training in ACLS & ATLS
- Registered with KMPDC with a valid practicing license
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, Copies of Academic Certificates, three  referees and include their telephone contacts and email address to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 17thNovember 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of our recruitment process