In a bid to empower the youth in the country, the Company is running an internship class and wishes to recruit energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Legal Intern, a programme specifically suited to sharp individuals who have concluded with their pupillage and are looking for entry and growth towards a corporate legal career.
- Assist with reviewing, drafting and revising a wide variety of contracts, including but not limited to, non-disclosure agreements, customer and supplier agreements, professional services agreements and developing template agreements.
- Assisting with various corporate matters, including Real Estate conveyancing transactions, corporate governance matters and facilitating business filings.
- Assisting to provide strategic legal advice on business matters and product development;
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Provide support in compliance and legal risk management, including researching statutes, laws, and other legal matters applicable to the company’s activities.
- Maintaining the departments safes and various registers and documentation;
- Collaborating with other departments as may be required to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
- A Second Class Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University
- Must have attained a B and above in O levels/ high school;
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organisation, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours, under tight deadlines and to deliver to multiple stakeholders; and
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
Growth in commercial, corporate, real estate and investments law;
Prowess in contract negotiation drafting and management;
Practical skills in Legal Compliance;
Exposure to Corporate transactional support and administration;
Corporate Secretarial tasks;
First-hand experience in Legal Research and advisory and Litigation.