. GENERAL MANAGER -KTPC
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring ideal strategic management, and leadership that ensure all aspects of daily operations at KTPC run smoothly in an effective and efficient manner to enable the delivery of service. Provide overall oversight and directly responsible for the organisations fiscal position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing KTDA power Company’s strategies, policies and procedures;
- Reviewing the organisations work plans and budgets and recommending to the Board for approval;
- Overseeing the execution of organizational work plan and budgets;
- Overseeing performance management of staff in the organization;
- Ensuring training needs of staff are identified and mitigating action taken;
- Managing communications and staff development by cultivating individual talents, promote and secure training resources;
- Building relationships, facilitate team success and providing direction while delegating responsibly;
- Providing training to project managers on technical and business related topics to improve project performance;
- Ensuring good relations with customers, shareholders and the business community are maintained;
- Representing the company in negotiations and discussions with shareholders, state and private organizations;
- Ensuring procurement needs of the organization are well taken care of;
- Ensuring timely and accurate provision of all the relevant reports.
- Ensuring revenue targets and strategic plans are achieved, with all of KTDA power Company’s activities conducted with a high commitment to a business orientation;
- Ensuring compliance to legal and statutory requirements in implementing of projects;
- Overseeing the development and management of Small Hydro Power Projects;
- Ensuring identification and development of other alternative forms of energy;
- Monitoring the operations of KTPC and ensuring efficient management of the Regional Power Companies (RPC’s);
- Ensuring financial, internal control and administrative policies are established and followed.
- Overseeing effective management of human resources for optimal productivity through policies and strategies that attract and retain qualified and competent staff.
- Overseeing development and implementation of corporate social responsibility initiatives and ensure that the image is well projected and protected
- Performing any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Group CEO.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Masters degree is an added advantage
- A minimum fifteen (15) years of experience, five (5) of which must have been at a senior managerial level;
- A member of the Engineering Board;
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle divisional budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity;
- Must have strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships;
- Should have experience in change management and the ability to drive change in a team;
- Should have high level problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle high level communication;
- Should be result oriented with ability to deliver desired outcome;
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the organization;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and engineering software;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
How to apply:
Apply Online here using the recruitment Portal not later than 31st May 2023.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KTDA POWER CO. LTD. is an equal opportunity employer