We are seeking a skilled and experienced Key Machine Operator to join our team at a Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the plant, ensuring product quality and safety, and adhering to all safety regulations and procedures.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of oil extraction machines.
- Complete pre-start up, start up, operational and shut down checklists before plant operations commence.
- Maintain cleanliness of the working area.
- Maintain various operational records and logs and produce operational reports.
- Oversee the flow of information and reports, coordinate actions when necessary, and ensure response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Interface closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
- Follow standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
- Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
- Comply with all HSE safety regulations and adhere to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- 3 years of operator experience in a vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred).
- Experience with troubleshooting of plant upsets and taking corrective action.
- Experience with shift report writing.
- Familiarity with commissioning, start-up, decommissioning, and compliance with local/national and international standards and codes related to health, safety, and environment is preferred.
- Problem Solving
- Planning target control
- Decision Making
- Spirit of Enterprise
- Listening and reception
- Staff management and development.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply.