Reporting to the Consumer Research Manager, the role holder will play a key role in providing market and scientific information for decision making; strategic market research; develop research hypotheses for further research to support strategic goals; ensure knowledge and insights is entrenched within the organization.
- Administration of Group wide survey research and survey modelling and manage the formulation and coordination of research projects with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Engage business teams to ensure implementation of strategic initiatives in research, surveys and determine new ideas to drive product and service penetration by understanding new customer tastes and preferences, unarticulated customer needs and existing unmet needs, customer experience and sentiments and make actionable recommendations for customer value propositions with the aim to unlock business potential; pilot, test and incubate business solutions and products before scaling.
- Manage a broad range of sources (internal and external) of current market information and prepare thematic presentations on micro-economic trends, tracking of pricing and product features for financial products and services to provide harmonized tariff details, trends and observations and eliciting feedback on the same whilst instilling confidence in market research.
- Track changes in segment size and income pools for target customer value propositions with the aim of growing business value for the segments.
- Provide impactful insights product performance (top vs bottom) through proactive engagement with business leaders or lead co-creation workshops to understand needs, prioritize enhancement of customer value propositions and products with the aim to unlock business potential.
- Prepare management reports for senior executive management committees on thematic market research reports, strategic research surveys and market assessment.
- Maintain close relationships with the research community to discover and build new partnerships to stay on cutting edge of research.
- Be the custodian of knowledge and insights for wide dissemination across KCB Group by ensuring effective platforms are in place.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Maintain and or circulate business information securely with due regard for confidentiality.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative methods, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert proficiency in Advanced Excel skills (MS Excel), SPSS, STATA, R or Python.
- A master’s degree in business, Mathematics or Quantitative methods related course will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years working experience in market research or data analysis, including experience in the following areas:
- Design of various research studies including development of terms of reference
- Development of survey questionnaires and other tools
- Report writing, including visual presentations and executive summaries.
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Excellent arithmetic reasoning ability
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to develop actionable recommendations.
- Ability to automate large datasets into simple visualization tools.
- Ability to analyze broad sources of information, interpret and explain results in a simple and concise manner.
- Orientation for detail, coupled with organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines,
- Self-motivated individual who can work well individually and in a team environment.
- Innovative with strong interpersonal skills
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 17th November 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.