REGISTRAR – ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
- The job holder will be responsible for Student admissions, registration and management of Academic records, examinations and related tasks in the Academic Affairs Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that Academic Affairs Department operates effectively and efficiently in line with the vision and mission of the University.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in the academic Department in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Prepare annual work plans in liaison with Heads of Departments/sections to outline the activities in the Departments, timelines, responsible officers and resources required in order to ensure efficiency in operations.
- Develop and implement the Departmental budget to ensure efficient allocation of resources for the Department strategy to be implemented efficiently and on time.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance reports by consolidating
- Departmental reports to inform decisions by Management.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of staff in the Department to ensure performance at expected levels.
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students.
- Ensure students adhere to University Rules and Regulations as stipulated in the Students Handbook.
- Oversee the University examinations process by maintaining up-to-date course schedules and final examination schedules.
- Supervise the process of credit transfers, graduation and certification of the University’s degrees, degree verification and production of official transcripts.
- Process the travel, accommodation arrangements and payments of External Examiners.
- Ensure that examinations are prepared and processed on time.
- Keep in safe custody all examination materials.
- Interpret policies and regulations to the University, Senate and Deans Committees.
- Plan and oversee the preparation of graduation ceremonies and all activities related to graduation matters.
- Prepare and declare programmes and programme capacities for students’ placements and admissions.
- Develop and implement a risk register to manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide secretariat services to committees of the Senate and Deans
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a PhD in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human
- Capital Management or its equivalent from an accredited/recognized University.
- Must be at least a Senior Lecturer or qualify to be appointed one.
- Three (3) years relevant experience at a level equivalent to a Deputy Registrar.
- Certificate in leadership and management course.
- Be a registered member of a Professional Association.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to University Education
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Competent in the use of data and statistics.
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Computer proficiency
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to [email protected] by 22nd MAy 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of your email should read:
REGISTRAR – ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,