DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hotpoint Appliances Limited has an exciting career opportunity in Business Development. We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented individual who is committed to excellent performance and participating in our growth strategy.
- Initiate, develop, grow and expand Hotpoint Appliances Limited’s export business within surrounding regional countries markets with VON as the lead brand.
- To develop business opportunities in emerging countries, identify distribution channels by appointing distributors and partners to supply our products in each country within the East, Central and Surrounding Markets.
- To screen potential business agreements by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities and recommending objective options.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with partners and distributors.
- Develop the tender and project supplies to surrounding countries.
Job Responsibility and Accountability
- Analyze business development options in the East, Central Africa and surrounding countries as prescribed by carrying out thorough due diligence, research and analysis on each country on all relevant aspects including;
- The ease of doing business in each country, including political and legal barriers
- The actual demand for Hotpoint products and services in the short- term and long-term
- Preferred marketing strategies of each country
- Current market trends and route to market of each country
- The direct and indirect threats that would affect the business
- The technological challenges that may affect the operations of Hotpoint
- The social environment of the market, i.e. cultural trends, demographics, population analytics
- The infrastructure, including ease of effective supply chain and logistics
- The optimal market entry strategy for each country, be it directly set up, partnerships, agencies, distributorship, joint venture or merger and acquisition
- Any other research that would be necessary.
Project set up
- Generate ideas about export market activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintain up-to-date knowledge of the marketplace, competitors and trends.
- Ensure all new country proposals meet the required return on sales.
- Propose potential and suitable business partners or locations or companies.
- Develop negotiating strategies and contracts when and where necessary.
- Ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations with the concerned partner to implement the project successfully and ensure compliance throughout.
- Develop and establish a business in all desired locations as directed.
- Be the key contact person for each partner.
- Ensure logistics and paperwork are in order and always up to date.
- Ensure partners pay within the stipulated timelines.
- Ensure products are suitable for each country’s regulations (e.g. Voltage, plug-type, energy standards)
- Liaise with concerned stakeholders i.e. government authorities/customs department for the smooth functioning of the business.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance to agreed proposals.
- Protect Hotpoint’s values, and reputation and undertake to keep all information confidential.
- Ensure delivery timelines are met as per clients’ expectations.
- Ensure partners achieve healthy inventory and sell-out by stocking them with the right products.
- Target project and tender business in surrounding countries.
Supply Chain Management
- Order for export market merchandiser to service the order.
- Liaise & follow up with the Supply Chain Manager and Product Managers for all orders placed.
- Ensure that there is good planning of logistics.
- Ensure economic distribution & allocation of goods to the market.
Regularly produce and present a range of business review reports for the Managing Director as required.
Submit timely, accurate and detailed reports as follows:
- Weekly and monthly progress reports.
- After three months, submit a detailed progress report and outcome of at least 3 countries
- After six months, in 6 countries, submit a final proposal and recommendation on each.
Any other duties may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
Requirements and Inventory Positions.
- Prepare annual purchase budgets based on strategic goals.
- Create and update training materials.
- Assist in conducting regular product training.
- Assist with market survey reports.
- Advise the sales team on stock situations as and when required.
- Assist in the development of sales promotions and other portfolio-related marketing activities
- Resolve any service issues from dealers.
- Ensure correct pricing and descriptions of the products in the category.
- Ensure the website listing of products is active and accurate.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum qualification of a degree in business or any other relevant field.
- Previous experience in commercial, procurement or sales. Preferably in similar industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the channel management, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail market sector and consumer electronic products.
- Understanding of market trends and mapping.
- Extensive financial & supply chain knowledge.
- Knowledge of preparation of budgets
- Track record of effective strategy execution.
- Track record negotiating with suppliers and distributors
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and timely execution
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Budget management skills.
- Market mapping – trends, segmenting and tracking
- Ability to understand product and train
- Identifying and sourcing products based on market trends and requirements
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications to [email protected] on or before 15th September 2023