FAMILY MEDIA VACANCIES
Family Media is one of the largest independent Christian media companies in Africa. Our mission is to create and publish compelling media on all possible channels that inspires and encourages our audience to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and to build up a daily relationship with Jesus. To achieve our mandate, we wish to hire the following:
- VIDEO EDITOR
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is visible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the production
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Archive our content well
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in video editing
- Have solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut)
- Have a diploma or degree in film production, mass communication or related field
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Experience as a Producer will be an added advantage
- TV PRODUCER
Family Media is looking for a passionate and creative producer who will be responsible for facilitating a show from beginning to end.
- Create and manage production for both live and recorded programs
- Generate creative and original ideas for shows
- Identify and implement suitable content for our audience by carrying out thorough research of guests and topics
- Communicate and coordinate with studio crew, editors to ensure the success of a program
- Promote completed shows on different platforms
- Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or in a related field
- Have at least two years’ experience as a producer
- Good communication skills
- Be very creative
- Must have strong time management and listening skills
- Have an eye for good quality production
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Be able to make solid judgments and decisions in a timely manner.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 22nd May 2023 with the job title as the email subject.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. JOURNALIST/CONTENT WRITER
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Christian writer, your duties are to research, write, and edit Christian content for publication on our website, through newsletter, and social media platforms, far and above that, your responsibilities will include:
- Develops and writes Christ-focused articles, and devotionals for our E-paper Familynews.Today.
- Performs copy editing and technical tasks including proofreading articles for grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Engages in conversations with church leaders regarding subscribing to Family Media e-newsletter, ensuring churches are well served through Familynews.Today content.
- Contributes to the accuracy and appropriateness of editorial content of our weekly Newsletter.
- Occasionally writes attributed content such as the Editor’s Note, and non-attributed content as needed.
- Develops monthly digital editorial calendar, maintain communication and relationships with clients, partners and staff.
- Writes and edits content for the website and social media platforms.
- Responds to reader’s requests, feedback and comments.
- Stays current with industry standards to assure quality improvement and innovative methods of design and production. Commit to excellence, process review and continuous learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of the Digital Department.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism or related field of study
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Family Media.
- 2 years editorial and writing in a publishing environment, preferable in a church or ministry
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office and Creative Suites, Google, and Adobe
- Good analytical skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 22nd May 2023 with the job title “Journalist/Content Writer” as the email subject.