The German Embassy Nairobi is the official representation of the Federal Republic of Germany to Kenya, Somalia, the Seychelles, as well as to UNEP and UN-Habitat. We offer an exciting working environment in a German-Kenyan team in one of Germanys largest missions on the African continent.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Back-office and counter work at the visa section of the Embassy processing visa applications
- Correspondence via email and phone
- working on case files and general office work
- Bachelor Degree
- At least four years working experience in office-related jobs
- Fluent in English, Somali, German (B2 from Goethe Institute)
- Mastering MS Office programs and flexible in using other IT-systems
- Should be team player, and have excellent organizational skills
- Kenyan citizenship or residence and working permit for Kenya
- Previous experience working in same capacity at a diplomatic mission
- Knowledge of Tigrinya is an added advantage
- Job security, a competitive salary plus a 13th month salary, and an additional health insurance for you, your spouse, and minors.
- The German Embassy Nairobi provides training options in Germany and Kenya including German Language Courses.
- Regular performance reports constitute the basis for bi-annually possible salary increases according to the current salary scheme of the Embassy; in case of outstanding performance, bonus payments are possible.
- The German Embassy Nairobi offers an employment contract governed by Kenyan Law. Taxation of the remuneration is based on the Double Taxation Agreement between Germany and Kenya.
- You are entitled to 24 working days paid leave per calendar year. In addition, the Embassy respects 15 public holidays/days off.
- The employment will initially be limited to a fixed term of 1 year. The first six months of the employment is the probationary period.
- The German Federal Foreign Office promotes womens careers and encourages women to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are invited to submit a 1-page Cover Letter, a CV, school leaving certificate, Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 3 professional references to career page not later than Wednesday, 24th May 2023. If you are not a citizen of Kenya, please attach a copy of your Kenyan work – and residence permit.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in Kenya with the correct visa/work permit status, or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to 1. Obtain the relevant permit, 2. Pay fees for the permit, 3. Make arrangements to relocate & 4. Meet the costs of relocation. The German Embassy Nairobi does not sponsor visas/work permits. Work permits will not be arranged by the Embassy.
The terms and conditions for locally employed staff apply. The employment will start with a minimum of 6 months probation.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Neither Gap Recruitment Services Limited nor The German Embassy Nairobi charge candidates for job placements.