Head – Business Finance
Job expires on July 5, 2023
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking for new horizons.
We are looking for a commercially focused and self-driven experienced professional who will provide leadership to Finance Business Partners to be the trusted financial advisors to the business segments in supporting the strategic growth of the business through the provision of financial, profitability, and productivity analysis.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive the Finance Business Partnering model across the Bank by offering financial insights, analysis, and performance to businesses to enhance the achievement of the set objectives.
- Formulate in conjunction with business segments SMART KPIs for business/frontline teams that drive the agenda and goals for the Bank.
- Work with the relevant teams to develop Initiatives to drive P&L growth.
- Guide and monitor cost drivers across the various Divisions to drive cost containment and productivity.
- Support the budgeting process through Finance Business Partners by ensuring all Divisions provide and adopt the agreed-upon targets/tactical.
- Oversee business casing/modeling for strategic programs and also shorter-term tactical initiatives.
- Ensure that organization-wide productivity initiatives and programs are focused and aligned on improving operational efficiencies and effectiveness. Evaluate the impact that improvements have on margins, bottom-line performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Act as the single source of truth on the financial returns realized from process and organization simplification, automation, and digitization benefits realization.
- Build and develop a high-performing team through embedding performance development and coaching/ feedback process. Discuss and act on the Key Performance Indicators for all direct reports and carry out performance appraisals.
- Address compliance, risk management, and control requirements within your remit.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A degree preferably in Business, Finance, or Commerce. CPA (K) or similar professional qualification.
- Experience At least 8 years and above in accounting, financial and/or management reporting, and Business Analytics with 2 years additional experience in business partnering is preferred
- Good knowledge of finance policies, budgeting, financial modeling, and cost management.
- A good appreciation of business strategy, operating structure, and interface with other functions.
- Strong communication skills coupled with good negotiation, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Strategic and commercial acumen.
- Proven ability to influence business partners and build key relationships
- Able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement, and determine pragmatic solutions
- General awareness of economic, social, innovation, and technological factors within the financial services environment.
How to apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number HBF/FSD/2023 as the subject of your email by 5th July 2023.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.