Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Responsible for management of branch operations in accordance with set SLAs.
- Oversee day to day running of the branch operations i.e. claims, underwriting, customer services in
accordance with set SLAs.
- Ensure customer complaints and other enquiries are handled speedily and effectively to ensure customer
satisfaction for all lines of business in line within set SLAs.
- Play a key role in liaising with other departments in retail, corporate, P&D and EMC divisions, other branches
and third parties like banks, brokers and other sources of premiums etc to conclusively resolve customer
- Supervise branch premium processing and bank statement reconciliations by ensuring that they are done
promptly and accurately.
- Oversee timely generation of all relevant reports on all branch activities from time to time and effectively
communicating the same to the respective manager(s).
- Provide effective leadership, direction and staff supervision to the branch.
- Drive compliance with all company procedures e.g. on premium processing, banking, underwriting,
compliance review of application forms, kyc etc.
- Supervise maintenance and storage of accurate and proper records at the branch.
- Oversee office cleanliness, custody/safety of company assets, Security, brand image is upheld and
orderliness at all times.
- Supervise proper use of petty cash by reviewing and approving it’s usage.
- Supervise timely delivery of GI policy documents (newly issued and endorsements); contract notes, receipts,
renewal notices, certificates etc to customers directly or by liaising with the selling intermediaries.
- Management of branch expenditure/costs e.g. lighting, water bill, stationery, time management etc.
- Drive compliance with all statutory requirements at the branch i.e business permits, IRA license etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
- Drive customer self service by encouraging all walk-in clients to sign up to the customer portal and offer
- Support business retention by taking initiative to conserve cancellations and surrenders before processing
- Review all applications for insurance for all lines of Business to determine the profiles of risks presented to the
company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise according to the Delegation of authority
- Credit and debit approval within the authority matrix.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related degree.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the insurance industry or related field.
- Professional Qualifications: AIIK, LOMA, ACII.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of insurance & investment concepts.
- Knowledge of underwriting, claims processes and procedures.
- Technical competence in underwriting insurance risks/ Investment products.
- Knowledge of insurance & investment regulatory requirements.
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
: Day Job
Number of Openings