|Director –Training and Capacity Development
|Job titles of persons supervised
|Training Officer(s), Training Assistant
|Contract (One Year) Renewable
- JOB SUMMARY – PURPOSE
We are looking for an experienced Training Manager to join our team, to coordinate our training delivery and our team of trainers! The Training Manager is responsible for identifying and assessing training needs, creating tailored training plans, and implementing various training methods to enhance employees’ and participants’ capacity, skills, and performance. They monitor training program effectiveness, identify gaps, recommend and implement suitable solutions while keeping abreast with current training trends. She/he also supports standardization of BOMA’s program for replication and scale-up via partners.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of Training Materials/Manuals/Visual Aids
- Continuous review and providing recommendation for updating of training content, manuals, materials, creation of new materials (including manuals, handbooks and guidelines), to keep in step with changes and developments both within the organization and the operating environment.
- Research, pilot and implement creative/effective training and mentorship methodologies.
- Lead the design of appropriate training content/materials for semi and illiterate participants/audience.
- Maintain a resource base of training materials and ensure adequate documentation and records.
- Maintain an inventory of various versions of training materials and record books at the field level through the Training Team and Program teams such as Field officers/Graduation advisor.
- Ensure all training materials including record books are appropriately branded as per BOMA guidelines and to the specification of each donor or implementation partner.
- Evaluate and collect feedback from participants through Mentors and FOs to improve training materials/content and experiences.
- Coordination and Facilitation of BOMA Staff Training and Capacity Development
- Carry out capacity gap analysis, create suitable training plans, and deploy effective training programs to improve employees’ skills, productivity, and quality of work.
- Develop and oversee the annual training calendar for BOMA program/field staff including the cluster Annual Learning Conventions and TOTs
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning and development throughout BOMA and developing strategic TOT personnel across the counties/countries BOMA works in
- Identifying and working with the people department and relevant consultants to deliver diverse training to BOMA staff as part of professional development.
- Support and guide new staff onboarding process including detailed REAP Model and Performance Insights (PI) training.
- Identify and research on appropriate and effective training methodologies that can be utilized by the program teams to deliver engaging/participatory training sessions.
- Support the implementation of various REAP adaptations through research and development of various training content/methodologies.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop an overall training strategy and develop plans for implementation.
- External Training on BOMA REAP model (Technical Assistance)
- Lead the process of developing a training program, with associated training materials, for delivery of REAP model to participants through partner organizations.
- Support standardization of REAP model and its various adaptations for replication and adaptation by partner organization/government.
- Participate in business development and contribute to the training strategy of prospective partnerships, concept notes or proposals.
- Quality Assurance, Monitoring and Learning
- Maintain quality standards for training delivery as per the BOMA guidelines.
- Carry out training evaluations, data collection and analysis on the training effectiveness. Gather feedback from trainees and instructors for continuous improvement.
- Ensure timely reporting on training activities and incorporation of experiences and lessons learnt to enhance training delivery.
- Report matters that need respective attention/information/action of the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Support documentation and dissemination of appropriate case studies, experiences, best practices and lessons.
- Participate in sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training)
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, International Development, Business Management/Administration, or relevant field. Master’s degree in same fields is an added advantage.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Professional qualification/certification in TOT delivery, experience in curricula development, training, and effective facilitation preferred.
- Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training materials/content.
- Ability to lead a full training cycle.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in training across multiple levels of an organization and in a multicultural context.
- Knowledge of various training/teaching methods and strategies
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, team orientation, public relations skills and demonstrated networking skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong information technology orientation and high-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and design and publishing software.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills, with ability to determine priorities, work with minimal supervision, under pressure, and a flexible and respectful team player.
- Results oriented, with the ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation.
- Creative thinker with proven examples of using inventive local materials and/or limited resources to design and deliver effective trainings and/or behavior change activities.
- Willing and able to travel frequently and extensively in Kenya and the Region.
- Relevant Work Experience
- Over 5 years of training experience in the NGO or private sector preferably in Kenya or East Africa with rural field experience. Having an International NGO working experience is an added advantage.
- At least three years working in the Micro and SMEs business development or poverty graduation/eradication sector.
- At least three years’ experience as a program/project implementation personnel in an institutional setting.
- Experience in supervising a team and working with remote teams in a fast-paced environment.
- How to Apply:
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, through BOMA’s recruitment portal on FlairHR using this link Training Manager – BOMA Career Portal (flair.hr).Applications must be received by 28th July 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for expressing interest in the role, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.