SENIOR PORTFOLIO ASSOCIATE -IITA KENYAFULL TIME | ALLIANCE BIOVERSITY & CIAT | KENYAPosted On 04/05/2023
- Facilitate the development of workplans for the Work Package and for the use cases and ensure that these are up to date.
- Monitor implementation of the workplans to ensure Use Cases and Work Package on course to achieve desired outcomes in the agreed timelines and within budget
- Coordinate routine and ad hock meetings for the Work Package, regional team leads and Use Cases and keep up-to-date records of all meetings
- Maintain an up to date dashboard on all use cases that can be used that is a clear representation of the DELIVER Work Package
- Prepare and present Use Case Portfolio updates for EiA leadership highlighting areas of concern
- Coordinate Use Case review sessions including field visits as necessary to
- Support the coordination of all Work `package and Use Case activities
- Coordinate engagement between DEKIVER WP and other Work Packages and Use Cases to facilitate learning and implementation
- Support the recruitment of consultants as and when required
- Support the process of identifying innovative potential programme areas and partners to achieve the ambitious goals of EiA
- Coordinate the due Diligence process for new Use Case partners and prepare evaluation reports for the due diligence committee
- Facilitate due diligence committee meetings and ensure complete record fo the meetings and follow up to close all action points timely
- Working with relevant units in IITA support the preparation of new Use Case contracts and legal documents. On an ongoing basis ensure all contracts are up to date
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the DELIVER Work Package corporate reporting routines to ensure accurate, complete and timely reporting at IITA and CGIAR level
- Coordinate Use Case reporting routines, working closely with the WP Lead review reports and ensure implementation progress is on course
- Working with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Impact assessment team ensure all data and reporting information is accurately captured and reported in the system as required
- Regularly review the financial reporting against agreed budgets and highlight any areas of concern
Global One Stop Shop for Agronomy Solutions Platform Management
- Lead the overall management of the platform to ensure it functioning from a technical stand-point as well as ensuring it is regularly updated with relevant information
- Support the Regional Team leads to initiate, launch and maintain the Regional One Stop Shop Platforms across 6 CGIAR Centers
- Working closely with EiA colleagues, communities of practice to identify and appropriately package validated tools, approaches, methodologies for hosting and sharing information on the project platform.
- Promote the platform to ensure uptake and utilization of available tools and resources on an ongoing basis especially in high profile events globally
- Initiate discussions with other platforms that host agronomy support tools and develop structured collaborations with them
- Initiate and package impact testimonials from the field and host these on the project platforms
- Support the ongoing identification of partners and information to be uploaded on the platform
- Contribute to administrative, financial and communication tasks to promote the platform globally
- Represent the initiative in regional and global advocacy actions as requested
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the platform identifying areas that need improvement and promoting successes – working in collaboration with MELIA and Communications team.
- Coordination with the EiA team on budgets, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning, developing human interests and impact story and related communication,
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you
A Masters’ degree in a relevant field such as, agronomy, agriculture economics, business administration.
8 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably in an international non-profit & non-governmental setting.
Experience in working with agricultural development programmes.
Understanding and work experience in the development and deployment of digital tools in agriculture.
Knowledge and experience in programme management and coordination.
Demonstrated experience in interacting with project teams in multiple contexts
A working understanding of innovation systems and their management.
Capability to take part in Scaling Readiness Training to Associate Certification.
Report writing skills, and ability to communicate in English
Competence in computer skills.
Ability to work in diverse teams