Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Job SummaryTo build and develop a high-performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that the team member receives coaching and feedback in order to develop and achieve their maximum potential, meet and exceed sales targets
SUPERVISION OF LEAD GENERATORS – TIME SPLIT 40%
- Act as enabler to the Lead Generators under supervision by providing them with the tools and information to optimize sales
- Through delegation to the Lead Generators, achieve set annual sales targets. Monitor the performance of the Lead Generators on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual basis and provide coaching and feedback on how to improve performance
- Agree individual targets with the team members for products, assets, liabilities and campaigns.
- Manage daily attendance levels within the team in compliance with the relevant HR policies, including the management and approval of leave within the team.
- On a daily basis, monitor the movement of the Lead Generators to ensure that planned meetings or activities are being carried out in the field
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Absa Bank PLC recognition schemes
- Identify training needs of the team and arrange for these needs to be met through on-the-job coaching and formal training
- Communicate a summary of the training needs to the Regional Sales Managers at least annually. Ensure that the planned learning interventions take place particularly for compulsory training
- Sit for Lead Generator interviews based on shortlist provided by Regional Sales Managers, HR and Resource Coordinator.
- Induct new Lead Generators and ensure that they participate in formal induction as well as the compulsory compliance training courses
- Sit for disciplinary hearings for misconduct or incapacity charges together with HR
- Ensure that Lead Generators understand the compensation plans in place
SUPERVISION OF SALES ACTIVITIES – TIME SPLIT 30 %
- Supervise product promotion campaign aspects by distributing material to Lead Generators. Cascade key messages, including training for products to staff members, including training on new application forms
- Monitor sales performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide results to the Regional Sales Managers
BUSINESS EXPANSION – TIME SPLIT 10 %
- Work with Regional Sales Managers to unlock sales in companies through sales activations and financial trainings
- Work with the sales teams and Regional Sales Managers to bring leads on new company sign ups
OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS – TIME SPLIT 10 %
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Effective leave management of LGs in the team to manage branch costs
- Effective management of reporting of LGs and prompt notification of any unexplained absences
- Effective exit management
- Effective management of performance records and use of LG Management tools to monitor performance and sales activities
CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM TIME SPLIT 5%
- Share knowledge and experience with other Sales Managers in the team.
- Provider cover for other Sales Managers in case of excessive workload or absence.
- Share knowledge and experience and best practice with team members, Lead Generators and the broader business
Deputize for the Regional Sales Manager when required.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TIME SPLIT 5%
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Regional Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training.
Education Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)