Safaricom FY 2022 Financial Results ended March 2022 are right here.
The provider has make clear how its flagship cellular cash product M-PESA carried out, following the lifting of the free below KES 1000 transfers that was launched by the CBK on the top of the pandemic. The market has additionally been usually beneficial for the product following the opening up of the economic system by President Kenyatta in the direction of the top of 2021.
Safaricom has additionally since celebrated its 15th birthday, after it was launched again in 2007. It has additionally grown to incorporate many different merchandise, together with a mortgage and financial savings product (M-Shwari in partnership with NCBA, in addition to KCB M-Pesa in partnership with KCB), overdraft facility Fuliza in partnership with NCBA and KCB that has proved profitable for the businesses, Lipa na M-PESA, M-PESA Global, and extra partnerships with the likes of Ali Baba, to say a number of.
According to the outcomes, M-PESA didn’t carry out very properly within the earlier 12 months due to the pangs of the pandemic. However, the drops have been recovered within the simply elapsed monetary 12 months.
Here are the main points of how M-PESA carried out:
- It recorded a 30.3% YoY development to KES 107.69 billion. This was supported by the aforementioned resumption to charging of beforehand zero-rated transactions starting January 2021.
- One-month energetic M-PESA ARPU rose 18.9% YoY to KES 305.37 whereas chargeable transactions per 30 days per buyer grew 16.6% YoY to twenty.25 transactions.
- One-month energetic M-PESA clients crossed the 30 million mark within the 12 months rising 7.8% YoY to 30.53 million.
- Total M-PESA transaction worth grew 34.0% YoY to KES 29.55 trillion whereas the amount of transactions grew 34.9% YoY to fifteen.75 billion.
- M-PESA pockets to financial institution and financial institution to M-PESA pockets transactions accounted for 18.9% of the entire worth of M-PESA transactions and three.2% of whole volumes.
- M-PESA is now the largest income contributor accounting for 38.3% of service income whereas voice contributed 29.6% in FY22.
- The M-PESA tremendous app has been downloaded greater than 5.3 million instances. It has greater than 1 million every day energetic customers.
- The M-PESA enterprise app has been downloaded greater than 462K.
“Through innovation, we proceed to boost the digital life-style of our clients via the M-PESA Super APP which is powering shopper digital existence. In addition, we proceed to leverage on our lengthy monitor file of technological innovation to advertise monetary inclusion and drive enhanced entry to alternatives for our clients,’ says CEO Peter Ndegwa.